Camping is great but glamping in an RV is even better! If you are RVing for the first time, then you have two options.
One is renting an RV, and the other is purchasing. Don’t know what’s for you?
So here are some tips that will help your first RVing trip be successful.
Renting an RV vs. Purchasing an RV
If you are a newbie and starting your RVing adventure for the first time, this will be the most daunting thing you want to know. But the answer is straightforward. If you are planning a glamping trip for every six months or every year, then the best possible option you have here is renting an RV.
If you plan an RV adventure every week or month, then purchasing an RV is the best possible option you have here.
Both renting an RV and purchasing an RV have their advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of renting an RV
Here are some of the advantages of renting an RV.
- You can test whether you can sustain an RV lifestyle.
- Save money as it costs very little when compared to purchasing.
- Test-drive different types of RVs available in the market.
- There is no need to maintain your RV. Hence there is no maintenance charge.
- No need for extra space for storing your RV.
Disadvantages of renting an RV
Here are some of the disadvantages of renting an RV.
- Organizing an RV for every vacation is not easy because there is no guarantee that you will get an RV rented during RV and holiday seasons. You also need to agree to the terms and conditions of RV companies.
- As it is a pandemic situation, some people may think again about renting an RV because they need to share the same bed and bathroom that others have already used. But this is not a problem for most of the users.
- There are many rules and regulations if you are renting an RV, and you need to follow them at any cost.
Advantages of Purchasing an RV
Here are some of the advantages of purchasing an RV.
- You can modify your RV according to your taste and comfort.
- Always your RV is available for you whenever you need to plan a vacation, even at the times of RVing season.
- If you are a regular traveler and your budget is low, you can look for second-hand RVs. This will save you some money.
- You can also rent your RV and earn extra income.
Disadvantages of purchasing an RV
Here are some of the disadvantages of purchasing an RV.
- Purchasing an one is always a significant investment.
- You are the one who is responsible for your maintenance. Be prepared, because routine maintenance is typically more expensive than your standard vehicle maintenance.
- Where are you going to store it? You need to think about RV storage as well as you need extra space in your garage for storing your RV when not in use.
Plan your first RV trip wisely
If you are traveling in an RV for the first time, make sure you haven’t traveled far away from your home. If you have any problems and you feel uncomfortable traveling in an RV, you can return home in no time. Once you have completed two or three trips in an RV, consider going further.
There are a lot of websites and blogs like Camper Life that provide you with valuable information about RVing and camping. We also provide tips and tricks for RV’ers from time to time. You can follow us on social media as well since we post all of our content there.
Prepare a checklist
Before planning a vacation, you need to prepare a checklist of the items you need to take. Include all the items that you think you need definitely. After including mandatory items, then go for the other things that are less in priority.
Once you prepare your checklist, pack all the items accordingly and put a tick mark after you fill that item. This will help you to check what items you have packed and what you have missed. This tip is not only for first-time RVers but also for experienced RVers too. This way, you won’t miss any items.
Check for weather updates regularly.
Before starting your vacation, give priority to the weather. We don’t know how the weather will be in the upcoming days. So it is better to check weather updates regularly. This way, you can pick up extra items related to the weather. If it rains in the coming days, you can pack your RV with some rain gear.
Reserve your campground first.
Before heading for an RV vacation, spend some time checking out the best campsites in the locality where you are camping. Numerous websites and apps will do this. Download them and check for the appropriate campsite and book them.
Also, if you reserve the campsites early, you will avoid the last-minute rush. Sometimes some campgrounds or campsites have a lot of visitors, and you don’t know when you will get your slot, or sometimes you will end up without getting a place in the campground or campsite.
Maintaining and Storing your RV
If you’d like to extend the life of your RV, then you need to invest in maintaining it. If you do not maintain your RV well, then its life will be decreased. Maintaining includes protecting your RV interiors and exteriors to terrible weather conditions, winterizing your RV when not in use during the winter seasons, etc.
Also, you need extra space in your garage to store your RV. Storing also requires a bit of investment like buying an RV cover etc. If you don’t have storage space, then you need to park your RV in the streets. You always need to check whether there is enough space for other vehicles to pass through that lane.
But if you rent an RV, you will be saved from these maintenance and storing issues.
These are some tips you need to follow if you are planning for your first RV vacation.