If you’re looking for a way to make your camping experience even more fun, consider adding one or more of these cool things to put in a tent. From entertainment options to practical accessories, there’s something for everyone on this list. So get ready to have some extra fun on your next camping trip!
- Flag or banner. If you’re in a crowded campground, this will help you spot your tent quickly and make it feel more like home. You can also use it to express your personality or style.
- Small table and chairs. We’ll get into a few things you can use on this later, but if it begins to rain, then you’re going to wish you had somewhere to sit, relax, and keep yourself entertained. Having a small foldable table and chairs inside your tent (pending it’s big enough) is a great way to do just that.
- Rug. It’s always nice to have something soft to step on when you get in and out of your tent. This also helps keep the inside of your tent clean. You can purchase rugs specifically made for camping or use a normal one from your home. Just make sure it’s not too bulky.
- Lighting. Depending on where you camp, you may or may not have lighting around the campsite. It’s a good idea to bring along a lantern or two and some extra batteries, just in case. If you really want to go the extra mile, bring solar-charged LED string lights to brighten your tent and make it feel more inviting.
- Fan. Here in Texas, this is not just a cool item for your tent, it’s an absolutely essential item (we try to be somewhat humorous around here). There are battery-operated fans that you can buy which are specifically made for camping, but any small fan will do in a pinch. Just be careful not to use up all your batteries. We’ve even seen some solar-powered fans that would be perfect for this purpose.
- Radio or Bluetooth speaker. No matter where you are or what you’re doing, everyone loves music. A small Bluetooth speaker is perfect for this. You can also find portable speakers with a radio, which can be nice to have if there’s an emergency and you need to stay updated on the news.
- Deck of cards. A deck of cards is a great way to keep yourself occupied while camping in a tent. You can play traditional card games, or you can get creative and come up with your own games. The best part is that they’re small and easy to pack, so you won’t have to worry about them taking up too much space.
- Board games. Remember that table and chairs we recommended earlier? This is why. You will want something to do if it’s raining and you’re stuck in your tent. Board games are a great way to pass the time, and tons of small travel versions are perfect for camping.
- Miscellaneous decorations. The whole point of camping is having fun, so why not make your tent feel like a fun place? You can bring some fun decorative pillows, blankets, or tapestries to make it feel more like home. You can also use this as an opportunity to express your personality.
Can you live in a tent permanently?
Of course, none of these items are required, but they can make your camping experience more enjoyable. However, don’t expect them to help make your tent a permanent home. They’re simply some cool things for your tent to make it more enjoyable for a weekend trip.
While it is possible to live in a tent long-term, it’s not exactly comfortable or practical. If you’re looking for a more permanent solution, you might consider an RV or a tiny home. These days, plenty of companies specialize in building homes on wheels specifically designed for full-time living.
But camping in a tent is definitely the way to go if you’re just looking for a fun way to spend a weekend. Just don’t forget to bring along some of these essential items to make your experience more enjoyable.
How can I make my tent more fun?
For the most part, we tried to keep our list not only limited to cool things for your tent, but to practical items that will make your camping experience more enjoyable. But if you’re looking for ways to make your tent more fun, there are a few things you can do.
One option is to bring fun decorations like blankets, pillows, or tapestries. This will help make your tent feel more like home and allow you to express your personality. You can also use this as an opportunity to get creative and develop your own games or activities.
Another option is to bring along some toys or games. This is a great way to keep yourself entertained if you’re stuck in your tent for an extended period. Board games, cards, and other small games like a Rubik’s Cube are perfect. Pack them up when you’re done so they don’t take up too much space.
Finally, if you really want to go the extra mile, you can bring along some solar-powered lights for additional ambiance. Most LED lights can change colors, which can be fun in a dark tent.
What would you add to the list?
What would you add to our list when you head out on your next camping trip? Would you bring any cool or unique things for your tent we didn’t mention? We only listed nine things, so surely you can come up with more ideas. We’d love to hear from you.